cowboys & indians

Indian MX-74
Although this is not my bike, mine was very similar but in classic Indian yellow.   It was bought second hand from Chad McQueen, Steve's son.  I went up to Steve and made the deal even though my dad paid as I was 12 years old.  He was my idol at the time, not because of his dramatic work, but because he was the star and producer of On Any Sunday.  It was very fast and I loved riding it.  Meeting Steve McQueen is one of the highlights of my childhood.  He is still one of my idols today, not because of his acting but because of his personal style and how he lived his life...

Comments

  1. Very cool Jeff, loved Steve McQueen, I will have to send you this great video clip of Speilberg explaining his meeting with Steve McQueen at The Dume Room in Malibu, trying to convince him to play the part that Richard Dreyfuss got in Close Encounters
    Ed

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment