bc road trip 2011

Six years ago my family and I decided to move from Topanga Canyon, CA to Camas, WA.  At that time I was in the process of buying a new toy (motorcycle).  I was after a stylish Ducati "Monster" when the decision to move was finalized.  Instead of getting the Monster I opted for a Multistrada.  The "ugly Duc" is a cross between a track bike and a touring rig mostly by eliminating the clip-ons and adding moto-cross bars.  I envisioned exploring the Pacific Northwest on the machine.  Five years later I made my first trip long trip with my good friend Kent.  We rode 1500 miles in 5 days from PDX to Nelson, BC.  We stayed off the interstates and hunted for the twisty-ist back roads possible.  I can't even begin to tell you how awesome the trip was!  Some of the most beautiful mountains, rivers, lakes, valleys, glaciers in the world.  We stayed in funky motels and took plenty of H2O breaks.  WOW.  I can't believe I waited 5 years to do this...  Kent rode the Harley.  Both bikes in red and black but ooh so different.  One bike a hot moody italian and the other a bourbon loving american hog.

Comments