blue barrels

I grew up in Southern California in the 70's.  I had to surf every day or I just didn't feel "right".   My range was Baja California to Point Conception with Jalama being my favorite for "lefts" and Rincon for "rights".  Surfing is the one of the greatest expressions of the human soul.  Submerged in nature and creating the perfect balance with it.  My favorite color is blue... all shades but especially ocean blue and indigo blue.  Waves and denim share the same color palette.  The fact that I love them both is no coincidence.  They make me very happy.

Both my brothers Jon and Brad also surf.  Brad works with me at Agave and Jon lives in Santa Barbara.  He still surfs (lucky for him) but he is also the amazing photographer who took this picture.  If you click on "blue barrels" you will be taken to his site www.santabarbarasurfer.com where he is the photographer, publisher and editor.  Check it out.

Comments