city of light-blue

For creatives it might be Mac World, for Sci-Fi nerds the Star Trek convention, but for denim geeks like me it's a trade show dedicated entirely to jeans called Denim by Premiere Vision.  Held twice a year in Paris it is all about jeans.  Yarn, weaving, denim, dying, tailoring, cutting, sewing, washing and trimming... the uniform of the human race.  It's not a huge show but it is amazing.  Vendors are all denim-heads and come from all over the planet.  Denim is our common language.  Today I worked with people from Spain, Italy, Turkey, Japan, Belgium, Greece, USA, France, England and other countries.  Many of these people have been my friend and/or trading partner for years but we have never met face to face.  Incredible!  The photo here is of a hand operated loom that was weaving denim all day.  A thing of beauty.  Very Zen.   One of the days highlights was being in the trenches with Adriano Goldschmied and having him acknowledge me and my work.  I am not talking about the company that purchased and uses his name but the man himself, the master.

Comments