agavewood

 
In the early days of Agave I attended the Surf Expo show in Orlando, Florida.  Directly across the hall from me was board shaper Gary Linden (shown above) of Linden Surfboards, Oceanside, Cal.  Gary wash selling standard foam and resin boards but he was also displaying his agave wood boards.  Each one hand made from hand cut dead agave plants that grow naturally on the California coast.  I instantly fell in love with the boards.  I had always been a huge fan of the surf icon Linden.  We became friends and he offered to make boards for Agave with our logo.  So far he has made about a dozen boards which hang in our retail partners accounts.  The boards are GORGEOUS and completely surf worthy.   He developed the concept for BIG WAVE surfing as these boards are stronger than foam.  To me they are the ultimate expression of Agave.  Thank you Gary.

Comments